Sunday, March 26, 2017
#geek #geeky #cool #stuff #funny #fun #design #loveit
Personal Dashboard on a Living Room TV
Hey guys. Looking for feedback and wanted to share an idea I had for a spare TV that I plan to mount in my living room that would display a "personal dashboard". Something that would always be on that I could look at on my way out the door and get a quick glance at my life for that day. I'll run you through the components I have so far from what I've whipped up using some iframes on Wix (some personal info blanked out):
- 1. Time: Free digital clock widget from TimeandDate.com. Pretty simple but easy to use code. http://ift.tt/2o7fALC
- 2. Date: Same as #1
- 3. Weather: A really nice Weather widget from Dark Sky. I like how clean and readable it is but it does take up a bit of space. http://ift.tt/2nY5kbG
- 4. Stocks: This stock tracker is from TC2000. Again just simple and clean. http://ift.tt/2o7gLun
- 5&6. These are pretty specific to me; just some upcoming due dates for personal things and some hours to track from work. These are published Google Sheets that will auto-update when the content is changed.
- 7. Calendar: embedded google calendar in month view.
- 8. News: I have the Youtube playlist for CBC's The National (canadian news) playing the latest episode in the list. It autoplays with closed captioning. I have the page refresh every hour so that the latest episode is always looping.
- 9. Agenda: google calendar agenda for more detail on upcoming events.
- 10. News Ticker: the 15 latest CBC headlines revolve through on this ticker from http://ift.tt/2nY39op
Again just looking for ideas or feedback. Has anyone else created something similar? What would be the best way to connect this to the tv; Chromecast? Raspberry Pi?
Submitted March 26, 2017 at 06:27PM by Op_valkyrie
via reddit http://ift.tt/2o7boLT
Roam free: A history of open-world gaming
Submitted March 26, 2017 at 04:37PM by CapnTrip
via reddit http://ift.tt/2n6K5PW