Monday, July 9, 2018
1 Minute of Spider-Man Awesomeness (Andrew Garfield)
Submitted July 09, 2018 at 07:27PM by PlatypusQuill
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/8xj5yk/1_minute_of_spiderman_awesomeness_andrew_garfield/?utm_source=ifttt
A pokemon MMO!!!! (Poke mmo pt 1)
Submitted July 09, 2018 at 10:31AM by deadly_eric
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/8xdbxo/a_pokemon_mmo_poke_mmo_pt_1/?utm_source=ifttt
Geek Chic: favorite shops for the stylish fan-girl/woman
Note: I posted this in r/femalefashionadvice too, but it occurred to me that this might also be a great place to post. Also some of the designers linked below do men's fashion, but many lean female simply due to my buying preferences, but I'd welcome suggestions from/for men.
I'm a huge nerd and love to wear clothing inspired by different fandoms, but I'm also an adult with a professional job, so I'd at least like the option to be able to wear items to work. I've never really been into graphic tees and especially as I get older I prefer subtler items that might not be obvious to the average person, but that other fans will recognize.
Below are a list of my favorite Geek Chic designers and sellers, and I'd love to hear if there are any others out there that I'm not aware of. Also if you have any pictures of items you own and want to share them please feel free, and if possible link to the site you got them from.
- Elhoffer Design: One of my absolute favorites Elhoffer Design is an independently owned and run business, and all the clothes are made in the US. The business owner is extremely responsive to questions and clearly cares a lot about her customers being happy with their purchases. I personally own three dresses from her and five sweaters, and they are all impeccably made and fit beautifully. Sizes XS-3XL. Because she's a small business she usually offers pre-orders at significantly reduced prices from what the final price will be for in stock items. My Elhoffer Design Collection
- Sent From Mars: Mostly bags and accessories, some leggings. I have this bag and I really love it, well made and more spacious than I expected.
- Rock Love Jewelry: High quality fully licensed jewelry for a number of fandoms including but not limited to Marvel properties.
- Castle Corserty: A bit more costumy, but I'm including it because again her items are beautifully made and high quality. You can also find her shop on etsy
- Volante Design: Pricey, but absolutely stunning. Specializes in coats, jackets, and hoodies.
- Think Geek: These last two are I think much more widely known, and I feel like the items they have tend to be a bit more obvious, but I'm linking them just in case.
- Hot Topic: These last two are I think much more widely known, and I feel like the items they have tend to be a bit more obvious, but I'm linking them just in case.
Submitted July 09, 2018 at 09:55AM by Truant_Muse
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/8xcydy/geek_chic_favorite_shops_for_the_stylish/?utm_source=ifttt
Castlevania Secrets and Tricks (NES) [animated gifs]
Submitted July 09, 2018 at 08:46AM by zeroone
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/geek/comments/8xca1g/castlevania_secrets_and_tricks_nes_animated_gifs/?utm_source=ifttt